Monday, September 10, 2012

B O O K C O V E R . A R C H I V E . C O M

I was assigned the task to find book covers that used the typefaces I planned on using on my project on constructing a composition on The Glass Jar. The typefaces I plan on using is Cheltenham (designed in 1896) and Akzidenz Grotesk (designed in 1950.) The suggested website Book Cover Website. Unfortunately I could not find too many books using this typeface.

Akzidenz Grotesk





Cheltenham



These unfortunately were the only two book covers I could find. Must not be a huge hit in the book cover industry.

As well as finding books in the typefaces I chose, I was also asked to just find book covers that caught my eye on the suggested site. These are my findings, and to my surprise, some of the books I documented in the book stores popped up on this website as well.

Other Finds










No comments:

Post a Comment